A Love Letter to my Bae #Pillow

Dear Pillow,
Hello lover. Since I was a child I can remember laying my head on you and smiling. Smiling because you take me to my happy place. It’s just so comfortable with you.
But lately, I don’t know… I feel distance. We’ve obviously grown apart and, I feel guilty saying this, I just don’t have time for you right now. But I need you to know… it’s not you, it’s me. I’d blame it on my 3-week-old, but maybe that’s just an excuse. Kids come and they go. Yet you… you’ve always been there. You must know I think about you all the time. I am weary without you.
You are so low maintenance. You don’t need to be fed every 3 hours. You don’t turn into an angry alien from the dwarf planet Pluto when you get incisors. You don’t burden me with your bodily fluids. You just lay there all Tempur-Pedic like. Your love language is gifts. Which works out well for us because my love language is receiving.
You kiss my cheeks and tousle my hair and don’t care about morning breath. You don’t throw tantrums, you never tell me “no” and you are always on time. In fact, I lose my sense of time when I’m with you. It’s like we’re in our own world.
Nothing feels as nice as you. Okay, clean sheets feel nice too. Except they must be washed, dried, and put on. Like weekly. Oh and freshly shaven legs are a close second if I’m honest. But let’s face it… it’s winter.
I daydream about you often. I wonder what it’d be like to drop everything and run away with you for a long uninterrupted weekend. We’ll tell them we didn’t plan it… it just happened. I don’t think they’d be surprised, they know we have a history. Even though another man has come between us now, I promise I haven’t forgotten you. It’s so painful to see you when we can’t be together right now. And by painful I mean I want to be with you so bad I cry sometimes. I thought no one noticed, but today my oldest said I looked weird and that my eyes were all puffy. It’s true what they say. Love hurts.
But one day soon things will go back to normal. I won’t have to slip away in the night to satisfy the hunger of another. No more midnight booty calls to change diapers. Still, no matter what, I’ll always come home to you. Pillow, my undemanding soulmate…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

70 years of Independence Day

WHY ARE GIRLS SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND?

DIWALI